Senior Data Engineer
KPMG IT Service OOD is an IT service provider with a mission to digitalize the core business of the KPMG network member firms and their clients. We employ about 300 people in Sofia and deliver the full spectrum of IT services to our clients, including SAP solutions, Software Engineering, Application & Platform Operations, Cloud and Infrastructure.
Our Cloud Services unit is focused on designing, building, securing and managing cloud native & hybrid platforms for the KPMG group of member firms, as well as providing cloud advisory and engineering services to external clients.
We are looking for an experienced professional with several years of project experience building data-intensive solutions and proven project experience with ETL tools. You are an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
- Assist clients to transform their business and solve complex problems by defining the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions.
- Implement solutions that are aligned with the KPMG security and data integrity enterprise standards.
- Build large-scale high-performing data solutions.
- Utilize data warehouses and data lakes.
- Troubleshoot performance-related issues.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Build solutions to gain optimal insights from diverse data by leveraging machine learning and AI.
- Leverage cloud services and implement data analytics solutions in the cloud.
- Build constructive working relations across teams, functions and cultures and demonstrate KPMG behaviors and values.
- Consult and escalate operational issues and challenges beyond own experience or skillset.
- Contribute to the necessary documentation.
What you bring in:
- Good knowledge of at least one cloud technology with a focus on database and data warehouse technologies, databases, and data-related technologies in the cloud. Experience with Microsoft Azure is considered an advantage.
- Very good experience with data storage and retrieval.
- Proven experience with different database technologies (relational and non-relational).
- Good knowledge of at least one modern data warehousing technology.
- Knowledge of data lake technologies and optimized storage formats.
- Experience in the concepts of DevOps and CI/CD.
- Proven presentation and communication skills. Proven leadership and problem-solving skills. Highly motivated and result-oriented.
- Fluent in English, German is an advantage.
What we offer:
- The chance to work in a top talent team
- Attractive remuneration
- Build knowledge in cutting-edge technologies
- Opportunity for continuous training, learning and certification
- Experience in an international and multicultural organization
- Work on challenging projects with clients in various industries around the globe
- Modern office environment
- Additional health insurance
- Life insurance
- Free public transport card
- Free sports facilities card
- Hybrid working policy
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com