Decision No. 1038 of 20.12.2022 – To amend the Program for humanitarian assistance to displaced persons from Ukraine granted temporary protection in the Republic of Bulgaria
R E S H E N I E No. 1038
from December 20, 2022
To amend the Program for humanitarian assistance to displaced persons from Ukraine with temporary protection granted in the Republic of Bulgaria, adopted by decision No. 317 of the Council of Ministers of 2022, amended and supplemented by decisions No. 535, 665, 856, 909 and 963 of the Ministerial council of 2022
Pursuant to Art. 2, para. 2 of the Law on Asylum and Refugees in connection with Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/382 of the Council of March 4, 2022 to establish the existence of a mass influx of displaced persons from Ukraine within the meaning of Art. 5 of Directive 2001/55/EC and for the introduction of temporary protection and Art. 73 of the Administrative Procedure Code
M I N I S T E R S K I Y T S S O V E T
In the Program for Humanitarian Assistance to Displaced Persons from Ukraine with Provisional Protection in the Republic of Bulgaria, adopted by Decision No. 317 of the Council of Ministers of 2022, amended by Decisions No. 535, 665, 856, 909 and 963 of the Council of Ministers of 2022 ., the following amendments and additions are made:
1. In item 2.3, the third indent is amended as follows: “- During the period from November 16, 2022 to February 24, 2023, they continued to be accommodated in the same place of accommodation in which they were accommodated as of 31.10.2022, or were exceptionally moved to another categorized or registered place for accommodation with a decision on NIGHT’s initiative and discretion. The terms and order for this are determined by NIGHT. By the 5th of the following month, NIGHT shall provide the Ministry of Tourism with data in a machine-readable format of the decisions taken in this order.”
2. Item 2.4 is created: “2.4. In categorized or registered places of accommodation entered in the National Tourist Register – only for new arrivals under the conditions of the Updated Action Plan for temporary protection in the Republic of Bulgaria, except by decision of the NIGHT, persons granted temporary protection, which is carried out for the purpose of collecting to members of a family within the meaning of Council Directive 2001/55/EC of July 20, 2001 and Council Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/382 of March 4, 2022, or to achieve another legitimate purpose. The terms and order for this are determined by NIGHT. By the 5th of the following month, NIGHT shall provide the Ministry of Tourism with data in a machine-readable format of the decisions taken in this order.”
3. in item 5, after the words “In view of” is added “of the accommodation and” and after the words “related to the temporary protection” a comma is placed and added “as well as the National Operational Headquarters established by Order No. R-240 of 18.11 .2022 of the Prime Minister’.
4. Point 6 is amended as follows: “6. Only for the purposes of implementing the Program, the Ministry of Tourism and the National Operational Headquarters have the right to access the identification data of the accommodated persons who enjoy temporary protection in the Unified Tourist Information System (USTI), according to Art. 116, para. 5, item 2 of the Tourism Act.”
5. Point 8 is amended as follows: “8. From 16.11.2022, the accommodation of displaced persons with temporary protection is carried out only in the objects under items 2.1 and 2.2 and in the objects under items 2.3 and 2.4 according to the exceptions set out there.”
6. item 21a is created: “21a. The National Operational Headquarters gives mandatory instructions on issues related to the implementation of the Program.”
7. Everywhere the words “to the National Council for Migration, Borders, Asylum and Integration on the issues of citizens of Ukraine enjoying temporary protection in the Republic of Bulgaria, established by Order No. R-213 of 03.10.2022 of the Prime Minister” are replaced by a comma and added “created by Order No. R-240 of 18.11.2022 of the Prime Minister”.