The term of operation of the Program for humanitarian assistance to displaced persons from Ukraine granted temporary protection in the Republic of Bulgaria is extended until February 24, 2023.
The Council of Ministers extended until 24.02.2023 the term of operation of the Program for humanitarian assistance to displaced persons from Ukraine with temporary protection in the Republic of Bulgaria, and in the extended period of operation new accommodation will be carried out only in state and municipal bases. The extension of the deadline is the result of the government decision to amend the Program adopted today. The aid will be used in facilities entered in the Register of Shelter Places created for the purpose of implementing the program, as well as in facilities for which the following conditions are met cumulatively:
– are state property or municipal property, or property of public enterprises, regardless of their legal organizational form;
– are places of accommodation, within the meaning of the Tourism Act, registered in the National Tourist Register;
– are listed in a list approved by the Head of the Temporary Task Force (TWG) at the National Council for Migration, Borders, Asylum and Integration on the issues of Ukrainian citizens enjoying temporary protection in the Republic of Bulgaria, established by Order No. P-213 of 03.10 .2022 of the Prime Minister.
The aid will also be used in categorized or registered places of accommodation entered in the National Tourist Register – only for accommodated persons with temporary protection granted, for whom the following conditions are cumulatively met:
– as of 31.10.2022, have used the Program and as of the same date have been accommodated in a categorized/registered accommodation in the National Tourist Register;
– in the period from 01.11.2022 to 15.11.2022, they continued to use the Program and for the same period were accommodated in the same accommodation categorized/registered in the National Tourist Register, in which the person was accommodated on 31.10. 2022;
– during the period from 16.11.2022 to 24.02.2023, they continue to be accommodated in the same place of accommodation in which the person was accommodated as of 31.10.2022.
The persons operating in the sites entered in the National Tourist Register and in the Register of Shelter Places participate in the program by providing the displaced persons with overnight accommodation/shelter with an aid amount of BGN 15.00 (fifteen BGN) excluding VAT, respectively 16, BGN 35 (sixteen BGN and thirty-five cents) including VAT at a rate of 9% for categorized accommodation and BGN 18.00 (eighteen BGN) including VAT at a rate of 20% for uncategorized accommodation . The costs for VAT are at the expense of the Program. From 16.11.2022, the accommodation of the displaced persons with temporary protection is carried out only in the objects of state or municipal ownership by the Temporary Operational Group (VOG) of the National Council for Migration, Borders, Asylum and Integration on the issues of the beneficiaries of temporary protection in the Republic Bulgaria citizens of Ukraine, established by Order No. R-213 of 03.10.2022 of the Prime Minister.
An obligation to submit a declaration of compliance, signed with a qualified electronic signature by the applicant’s legal representative, through the Secure Electronic Service System (SESS), at https://edelivery.egov.bg/ The government’s decision to extend the duration of the Program was adopted in absentia today. SEE the decision of the Council of Ministers to extend the Program here: https://www.gov.bg/bg/prestsentar/novini/srokat-na-deystvie-na-programata-za-humanitarno-podpomagane-na-razseleni-litsa- ot-ukrayna-s-predostavena-vremenna-zakrila-v-republika-balgariya-se-udalzhava-do-24-fevruary-2023-g